Looking for the latest information on sustainable practices in agriculture?
If so, attend The Rodale Institute annual field day this July 21,
in Kutztown, Pennsylvania!
Solutions for a
Sustainable World Field Day
Friday July 21, 2006
9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
The Rodale Institute Experimental Farm, Kutztown, PA
This event, co-sponsored by The Rodale Institute,
USDA/CSREES and Penn State University, will feature field activities
demonstrating the latest research findings from The Rodale Institute
and Penn State University covering:
1. Biologically-based weed management.
2. No-till planting systems and equipment.
3. On-farm nutrient management through compost production and
4. Varietal selections of soybeans and corn for organic production.
5. Use of cover crops and rotations for improved soil quality.
6. Mechanical weed management tools and techniques.
The field day will integrate different disciplines and approaches
including basic science, applied research and field applications
of innovative agricultural practices and tools.
Our goal is to increase awareness of sustainable agriculture systems
by demonstrating innovative sustainable and organic agricultural
practices to farmers, extension specialists and other agriculture
and natural resources professionals. The event will be a platform
for scholars, researchers, farmers, extension specialists and other
agriculture and natural resources professionals to network and share
their experiences in research and practical field applications.
here to register online. Or, call 610-683-6009 to register by