We’re slimming down our stories to bring you more
information in less reading time and there's a rich harvest of cropping
innovations to share in this update:
- Peanut farmers and researchers in the Southeast are teaming
up to figure out how to beat the persistent weeds of the region
to go organic . . .
- Here in Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County, see how creative
cover-crop combinations of grains and legumes with fall-planted
forage radishes mellow-up packed driveways and bring crop benefits
in fields . . .
- Visit a local farmer-researcher as he seeded his hairy vetch
earlier this fall to prepare for organic no-till corn experiments
next spring . . .
- The latest installment in our “Sustainable in Senegal”
series highlights an entrepreneur using regionally purchased bisaab
blossoms to make popular beverages . . .
- Check out the beginning of our coverage of organics in Italy,
where farmers are coming to terms with leaner subsidies and the
unique marketing challenges in a food-loving country . . .
- And more . . . Fresh today from The New Farm!
We write. And we listen. Let us know if you’ve
got a production insight or marketing experience to share to fuel
our “farmer-to-farmer” exchange.